Two perfect un-pitches.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Last week, I received two very cool books in the mail: One was Jack Hayhow's "The Wisdom of the Flying Pig", and the other was Tim O'Leary's "Warriors, Workers, Whiners and Weasels."

Now, I rarely read business books, (I would much rather read articles, studies and blogs,) but I tore into these with both pleasure and ease. Especially since they were free.

Will they change your lives? Probably not. But they both have the particularity of not being the usual 10% substance wrapped in 90% fluff. And they have great little tidbits of advice like "Managers don’t get paid for what they do, they get paid for what their people do." Pow.

Definitely check them out.

Other than the books themselves, the way they got to me was kind of cool:
1) I wasn't really expecting them, so they were a nice surprise.
2) They were free.
3) They were accompanied by handwritten notes (yes, real ones) that referenced specific things about my blog. Both camps took the time to know me before they sent me their book. I like that.
4) "The Wisdom" came with a way cool battery-powered flying pig, which I thought was a very nice touch. (It'll be patroling the skies in my new office very soon.)

All in all, two great books, two very cool and well-executed un-pitches, and two class act authors.


Word of caution: If you take this post as an invitation to send me free copies of your book(s), please understand that -

If I don't like them, I probably won't mention them here at all.
If I hate them, I may say negative things about them.
If you pitch me too hard, I may say negative things about you.

But if I like them, you can bet that I'll say something nice about them.

Jack, Tim, thanks a bunch for the books. :)


0 Responses to “Two perfect un-pitches.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


ATOM 0.3

  • Helping companies fine-tune their:
  • - Relationship with their customers
  • - Branding and marketing strategies
  • - Communications architecture
  • - Reputations and buzz-worthiness
  • - Creativity and market relevance
  • Office: 864.289.4557
  • Mobile: 510.284.9893
  • Bat Phone: 864.630.7398
  • My status
  • email me
  • View Olivier Blanchard's profile on LinkedIn
    • follow me on Twitter

      TwitterCounter for @nextweblog

    • Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this blog are my own and not necessarily those of SYNNEX or any of its affiliates and partners.
    • Subscribe to the BrandBuilder blog

  • Previous posts


    Previous posts


    ATOM 0.3

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Bidulos. Make your own badge here.